In honor of the release of Spin the Sky, I am going to let you all have a look at the last page of the book right here right now!
(I meant to do this last week to celebrate the release, but I am easily distracted and I live surrounded by lots of shiny objects so I completely forgot about it.)
It’s the Acknowledgements page. I know, you thought you’d get a spoiler. Well, OK, I’ll give you one: There is lots of smooching at the end so brace yourself.
Just to explain a little bit about my Acknowledgements:
- Chester Hoster is one heck of a spouse. Not only does he catch many of my more bizarre editorial mistakes, but he watches the kids when I would happily let them run with scissors so long as they leave me alone and let me get in another thousand words.
- Elle is one of the many talented members of my writing group, Bat City Novelocracy. She and Marshall Maresca very obligingly critiqued this novel for me even though they’d just read another manuscript of mine less than a month before. They are The Awesome.
- Ross Lockhart, in addition to being scandalously good at writing horror, is just one of the fantastic folk at Night Shade Books, may they continue printing up the bleeding edge weird of the science fiction, fantasy and horror genre for decades to come.
- Laura is a good friend who doesn’t have a wooden leg. She just occasionally has a few drinks and starts making everyone in the vicinity toast her wooden leg. Honestly, I forgot why she does that but it is Just. So. Funny.
- There are so many other people that I know that deserve recognition for their general fabulousness that I didn’t want to start listing them for fear I’d leave someone out and get into one of those awkward You forgot to invite the menopausal faerie godmother to the baby’s christening and now she’s cursed us all situations.
And here is a picture my friend Rusty took of a local Barnes and Nobles with my book on the shelf:
Because I’m mature like that.